1.1. The user is getting a Salesforce error with one of the following messages:
- Content cannot be displayed: You do no have sufficient privileges to access the page: /apex/Cloudfind
- Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access if necessary. For more information, see Insufficient Privileges Errors.
- Force.com Canvas
Oops, there was an error rendering Force.com Canvas application [Cloudfind_Rel].
You don't have permissions to view application [Canvas_Rel]. Please contact your system administrator to grant you access to this application.
- Permission denied
You don't have the right permissions in Cloudfind to view this page. If you think you should, please contact your system administrator.
Check that the user’s Profile has access to the Cloudfind package and that that specific user has also been assigned the correct Cloudfind permission set.
- As Salesforce Admin: go to Setup, Manage Apps, Connected Apps and click on Manage Profiles.
- Select the user profiles that you want to be able to use Cloudfind and click Save.
- Then go to Setup, Manage Users, Users and select the specific User that is having the issue.
- Click on Edit Assignments for that user and add the Cloudfind_User_Permissions permission set to them, together with any other Custom Permission Sets that were created specifically for your company specifically in order to allow access to Custom Objects (e.g. Cloudfind_User_Permission_Jobs)
More information on how to do this can be found in this support article.
Helpful screenshots are available here on points 2.2 and 2.3.
This should resolve the issue. Test by having that user visit the Cloudfind Global Search Tab.
Check that that User’s Profile has “View Setup and Configuration” enabled.
- Go to Setup, Manage Users and find the user that is getting the error message and click on them.
- On that user’s page, click on their specific Profile (e.g. Standard User, Marketing User, etc.)
- Then click Edit.
- Search for “View Setup and Configuration” and make sure that the checkbox for it is ticked.
- Click Save.
Test by having that user visit the Cloudfind Global Search Tab.
Keywords: Visualforce errors, permission denied error, insufficient privileges, Force.com canvas error