It has been a busy few months for the team at Cloudfind. We are pleased to have our new and improved v3 app out and being used by customers.
We spent time listening to users and looking at the enhancements that would add value to both existing and new users. Thanks to our users, who have been really engaged and provided some fantastic validation of our strategic direction and also some areas for us to focus on, and improve.
Please feel free to send in any feedback or ideas, either through the in-app chat window or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In this post, we aim to outline the main changes in the app and provide a reference point for migrating users.
So what is new?
- New look and feel: a much-enhanced user experience
- Activity View: a view of recently modified items and access to navigate through your folders
- Mobile responsive: the app supports smaller form factors
- File Preview: double-click on a file to review the entire file in CloudFind
- Edit Google Docs: Preview allows you to edit your Sheets, Docs and Slides directly in Cloudfind!
- Gmail Support: manage your email attachments alongside your files!
- Gmail Labels: your filters and labels presented as Tags in Cloudfind
- Faster Thumbnail Grid: improved speed and support for file types
- Office 365 Support: Cloudfind now allows you to manage files in your OneDrive
- Worlds: gather your information, Team and Tags together into Worlds
- Search Filters: filter your results by document type(s), the modified date or source
- Enhanced Search: adding an “OR” to the current “AND” search, finding those harder to locate files
- Folder Search: constrain a search to within a specific folder
- Download: the ability to download a file to your desktop and share them
Please jump over to the help articles to learn more.
So, some features have been renamed or updated, what has changed?
- “Accounts” are now “Sources”
- “Magic Tags” are now “Suggested Tags”
- “Team Tags” are now simply “Tags”
- “Favorites” are now “Views”
- “Tag Groups” are simplified to “Tag filter” and are available in a specific World
- “Manage Accounts” is now “Manage Sources”
- “Teams” are migrated to being part of “Worlds”
- “Private Tags” are no longer supported
- “Suggested Tags” are always on
- The new “Views” are available in a specific World,
Please note that the following features are not currently supported in the new app:
- Users roles - all users will have admin permissions to managing tags and users
- Magic Tags - are always on, but driven by a new relevancy algorithm
- Renaming tags - users cannot rename tags
- Private tags - removed from the app, will be migrated to standard Tags and will no longer be private!
Thanks and have a great time using Cloudfind 3.0!
The Cloudfind Team